Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Quick Note on Battlecruisers

I think I have nailed down the battlecruisers I need to create.

You can see them here.

What I need now is to come up with sizes and stats for the Imperial Communications Ship (Loronor Battleship? / model for the Pride of Tarlandia), Tagge-class Battlecruiser and Star Destroyer-class Battlecruiser (Rendili Battleship?) vessels.

They should be between 2.2km (Allegiance) and 4.8km (Praetor Mark II) ranges, the battlecruiser range is officially 2km to 5km with the Star Cruiser unofficial sub-class being in the lower range of the Allegiance.

Here is where I am leaning so far:

Imperial Communications Ship
5km
(I am tentatively calling these Loronor Corporation Communications-class Battlecruiser. I am basing the length based on Curtis Saxton's Technical Commentaries which guesses at it as a 6km vessel === we know battlecruisers only go to 5km though so I am capping it at that size.)
80 Medium Turbolasers, 30 Concussion Missile Tubes

Tagge-class Battlecruiser
4km
(The 4km make it 2.5X the size of an Imperial-class Star Destroyer.)

Star Destroyer-class Battlecruiser
3.2km
(This makes it 2X the size of an Imperial-class Star Destroyer. These will be built by Rendili unless canon information is released saying otherwise. Wookiepedia also talks about Imperial Star Battlecruisers which may or may not be related but would be KDY, not Rendili.)

What do you think? Did I get the sizing - roles done properly? I would appreciate any feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment