Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Praetor Mark II-class Battlecruiser


The Praetor Mark II-class Battlecruiser is one of the vessels I was most hoping to learn more about in the new Essential Guide to Warfare. I was interested in this vessel when I learned the Rebels used an old Praetor's power reactor to power their ion cannon on Hoth.

You can read the Wookiepedia summary of the ship here. I envision it as a command ship where dreadnaughts are too expensive to be used, so it would be in medium importance locations.


Technical Specifications

Here are the relevant stats I am using:

Role: Command Ship, Battlecruiser
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Build At: Kuat, Fondor, Sullust, Dac
Size: 4800 metres
Speed: 20 MGLT
Shielding: Unknown
Main Battery: Unknown, Heavy Turbolasers, Heavy Ion Cannons
Secondary Weapons: Unknown, Turbolasers, Proton Torpedo Tubes, Tractor Beam
Anti-Fighter Weapons: Unknown , Laser Cannons, Assault Concussion Missile Tubes
Complement: Unknown, Guessing 1-2 Wings of TIE Fighters
Availability: Tech Level 0

It is a real vessel that we do not have all the stats as cannon yet so I have to made educated guesses on them. What do you think? Does it sound about right? It is supposed to have over 90 heavy weapons.

I originally was using a model from the Phoenix Rising mod but I believe I have found one that fits better. Have a model I can use for this? Let me know.

If you are part of the PR team, I might still be able to use that model for the Star Destroyer-class Battlecruiser (3.2+km) used by Captain Wermis. Would that be ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment