Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Overnight Playtest

Last night I finished up the starfighter dogfighting improvements so decided to run a long playtest... lots of fun but the biggest thing I found was that the shipbuilding and space station building times were WAY too long...

The times I were using are found in this post, I'm thinking they will need to be cut in half at the very least.

Right now a Death Star 2 takes 13-15 minutes which I'm ok with but the rest made the game lag too long and made testing a lot harder.

My next step is to go through all the build times again with [current value / 2] build times:

ClassBuild Time
Space Station210
Battle Station180
Star Dreadnaught      150
Star Battlecruiser120
Star Destroyer90
Frigate60
Corvette30
Starfighter15

Hopefully once I tweak to the above times it will make things run a lot smoother.

I may also make Level 1-2 space stations 180 seconds instead of 210 to make them go even faster.

I will do an update once I have launched the above changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment