Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Update

In my previous post I outlined how I was looking at starfighters in terms of optimizing their dogfighting capabilities.

I have to update that post, the columns that are there now are mainly defensive and I am adding in a 'laser' accuracy section to show the offensive capabilities of the ships in terms of dogfighting - starfighter to starfighter combat.

This weekend I started implementing the changes I outlined, I still have to go through some of the Rebel vessels but I am close to finishing them. Then I need to do the Hutt, Underworld, Neutral and Pirate starfighters -- but a lot of those ships are the lower end ships I've already done so it is just a matter of copying and pasting hopefully.

Then I need to do some playtesting, the numbers I gave in the post were based on my experience playing and the goals to make the Rebel starfighters superior to TIE fighters etc. So really right now it is just a hypothesis, I need to playtest it to make sure the results are there.

After that my next step is to optimize the hardpoints of the capital ships to be reflective of this post. Then I need to do a round of capital ship playtesting with the updated hardpoints and the compared to the updated starfighters.

After that, there is not much more to do before the Space Demo release.

No comments:

Post a Comment